- This event has passed.
180th Diocesan Convention
November 22, 2019 @ 8:00 am - November 23, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
The 180th meeting of the Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri will be held on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 22 and 23 at Christ Church Cathedral.
The convention will elect the 11th bishop in the diocesan history. From Nov. 4-7 there were four meet-and-greet sessions with the three bishop nominees. If you didn’t get a chance to attend one of the sessions, you can watch videos posted on the diocesan website. Also, learn more about each nominee, The Rev. Stacey Fussell, The Rev. Deon Johnson and The Rev. George Smith.
Other highlights of the Convention include:
- Theme around what it means to be a church with bishops.
- Updates on the missional life in the Diocese of Missouri, especially as it relates to Making disciples | Building congregations | For the life of the world.
- Report from the Deaconess Anne House a visible expression of a close mission.
- Election to Diocesan offices, including the lay and ordained deputies to serve at the General Convention of the Episcopal Church in 2021.
- Consideration of the Diocesan budget for 2020.
Everyone attending is required to register – registration for the event closed October 23.