Social Justice Lenten Series
March 29 @ 6:00 pm - April 12 @ 7:50 pm
It’s back! The Pursuing Racial Justice Committee is once again sponsoring its popular Wednesday evening series during Lent but with new topics: “Social Justice Issues in Our Community: Judicial and Educational Systems and Making a Difference.” Join us Wednesdays at Christ Church Cathedral from 6 PM to 7:50 PM, March 8–April 5 in the Davis Room. Each presentation will be preceded by a light meal of soup and salad. A 20-minute Eucharist will conclude the evening. Save these dates:
• March 8: Lent and Social Justice, with presenters The Very Rev. Kathie Adams-Shepherd and Chaplain Jeff Fabbiano, Counselor/Chaplain Episcopal City Mission serving at the City and County Detention Centers
• March 15: The African-American Trek: Devaluation, Undervaluation and Opportunity; presenter Keith Crawford
• March 22: The Other Story About Murder in the United States; presenter The Rev. Chester Hines
• March 29: Adultism and Social Inequities Facing Young People Today: The Dynamics of Relationships between Adults and Youth, presenter Rob Good
• April 5: Creative Reaction Laboratory: Problem-solving to End Racism; presenter Antionette Carroll.
See you there! For more information, contact Alice Stanley.